NEED HELP AND DON’T KNOW WHERE TO FIND IT?
Nebraska 2-1-1, sponsored by United Way of the Midlands, is an accurate and comprehensive list of human service providers that can help you in the following ways:
- Basic Human Needs Resources: food banks, clothing closets, shelters, rent assistance, utility assistance.
- Physical and Mental Health Resources: health insurance programs, Medicaid and Medicare, mental health, Children’s Health Insurance Program, medical information lines, crisis intervention services, support groups, counseling, drug and alcohol intervention, and rehabilitation.
- Employment Support: financial assistance, job training, transportation assistance, and education programs.
- Support for Older American and Persons with Disabilities: adult day care, congregate meals, Meal on Wheels, respite care, home health care, transportation, and homemaker services.
- Support for Children, Youth and Families: childcare, after-school programs, Head Start, family resource centers, summer camps and recreation programs, mentoring, tutoring, and protective services.
- Volunteer Opportunities and Donations: community involvement, volunteer bureaus, and disaster relief.